Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Touch of Heritage for Baby George

the Liam Jumper & Aviatrix Hat from Justine are stunning in the Heritage Organic Merino
I have to say a HUGE thank you to Kathy & Justine who helped me put together a 'Welcome baby' parcel for wee George Windsor, the collection I think exudes 'Kiwiness' - with the yarn being Organic Merino, The designs all done by Justine (aka Just Jussi) & Kathy even embroidered some frolicking sheep to her jumper.
They have bee sized, so if chosen by the Duke & Duchess, they will fit him for the British Winter.

My contribution complete with Vintage Buttons from my grandmothers button tin.
Knitting for a baby makes me itchy to do more - there something so satisfying about the speed in which a small garment knits up & having delicious new yarn makes it even better.  I am now eyeing up a project in the Polwarth, I think this might be my 'knit for KAN yarn'
The Heritage Colours in Mohair
I was also delighted when I went downstairs to collect the last of the Heritage colours for photography to discover that the dyehouse had also done a very limited edition run of Whisper mohair in the same Heritage colours.  Labelled Soft Green, Blue, Fawn & Pink - these colours match perfectly to their Heritage counterparts.
This Pattern is perfect for the Heritage Mohair & Polwarth 
The Mohair is so lush in blankets - after a quick search I found this Nicky Epstein blanket, not available in download - but after clicking on the Library search link at the left hand side of the page I was able to discover it is readily available in many NZ libraries & others elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Oooer... the blue piece... is that a bib top thing? What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete